Well hello there! Long time ..no blog! Summer has been going in full force and Jon and I have been soaking it all in! This summer has been quite different for me as in early June I stopped working at my office job as a […]
Hello, hello and Happy Spring!
I thought I would share a little about some products that have changed my life! Okay that might be tad dramatic but have benefited me in some way and some I use daily! 🙂
1. Ray-Bans – Lets start with these guys. My trusty Ray-Bans… Now just so you realize you are talking to the girl who has never paid more then $20 bucks for a pair of sunglasses. For the longest time I wanted a nice pair of glasses but never could fork out the money because I didn’t think it was worth it. Often I would either lose or scratch my sunglasses and was afraid the same thing would happen with these. BUT but… there is a but … forking out the money for these was really worth it and here is why for me. I added up my buying cheap sunglasses that I didn’t take care of over the year and I had bought about 4 to 6 pairs bringing me close to $120 bucks. The very fact that I did pay a lot for these has helped me take better care of them and become aware of where they are and I haven’t lost them yet! Winning. Also the the glass really is amazing on these and you do notice the quality difference over cheap sunglasses. Another tip – spending the extra money on getting the polarized for driving in the snow is so worth it! I wear these every single day and it has been worth every penny. I got these at Sunglass Hut but you can really find them anywhere. Another place I have found Ray Bans for a decent discount is Nordstrom Rack.
Link here- Ray-Ban Aviators
2. Eye Duty Triple Remedy – by First Aid Beauty. Continuing the talk about eyes, this little tube and I have become BFF’S. I use it every single day. A Sephora sales rep suggested this product for me a while back. Basically, I buy anything they suggest because I feel intimidated by the reps with their flawless makeup jobs and feel like they’re secretly giving me a makeover with all there subtle suggestions of what I should do and try hahah .. so I’m just like, sure I’ll take it all. This product has caffeine and licorice root in it which helps with dark circles, lines and has a light feel with a hint of concealer. My favorite part is the stainless steel applicator which you use to rub the product in with under you eye and it cools and helps depuff your eyes in the morning. You can find this for $36 bucks at Sephora and Ulta. It last me a good few months because you don’t have to use very much.
Link here- Ulta Triple Eye Duty
3. Madewell Scarf – Obviously I don’t wear these daily but it is a trend I am liking and wear them often. Not being a huge jewelry person, I’ve liked this trend because it takes a simple plain T and adds some flair! I pair them with plain T’s most often, stripes as seen below and now as summer is coming around I’ll add them to a simple sun dress. If you think you are one of those people that ” can’t pull it off” welcome to my life! I have said that about a lot of things but ehhh YOLO right! Just try it 🙂 I have bought a few of these from different stores but Madewell has my favorite patterns and are only $12.99 (which is probably the cheapest thing you will find in that store).
Link here – Madewell Scarf
4. Magnolia Table Cookbook– I almost made it out of target with buying ONLY what was on my list… until I saw this. Dang it. *eye roll* ( but not mad about it at all 😉 ). I picked it up and held the thick book with beautiful high quality pictures, a clean layout… oh and good lookin’ recipes too and quickly decided it was coming home with me. I’m excited to give some of these recipes a try and this is my first cookbook I have ever bought so feel special Joanna Gaines! It has a good mix of healthy and hearty food. I mean it’s Joanna Gaines so can you really go wrong?? I got it on sale for $17.99 at Target but you can find it on Amazon and pretty much anywhere for about the same price.
Link here- Magnolia Table Cookbook
5. Sunrise Alarm Clock– It’s my alarm clock that simulates a sunrise. Weird or awesome….don’t really care, I use it and love it! I don’t use my phone as my alarm because I would hit snooze so many times or just waste a lot of time scrolling through IG in the morning. So I did a lot of research and got this guy! How it works- let’s say you set your alarm for 6:30, at 6:00 it automatically turns on the built in light and slowly gets brighter and brighter until 6:30. At 6:30 the alarm goes off with a sounds of your choice, mine being ocean waves. Upon doing lots of research waking up to light is one of the best natural ways to wake up and to start your day helping you not feel so groggy. I HATE a loud jarring alarm clock to wake you up ( that was totally NOT directed at my husband and his jarring alarm clock ;P). I’ll be honest it doesn’t work prefect and sometimes I will sleep right through it. For the most part I wake up slightly before my alarm because of the warm light in our room and it really does light up the whole room! I was concerned it would be obnoxiously bright but its a warm glow like a sunrise. Hah imagine that! Hey anything that helps me wake up and be a slightly more happy camper is much appreciated by me and Jon. I got this one from Amazon and there are a lot of different ones out there with slightly different features. The brand and similar version is linked here.
Link here- Sunrise Alarm Clock
Well hey thanks for reading along and if there are any questions on any of these lemme know 🙂
Until next time!
Happy Spring! I thought I would share a little about Açaí Bowls! (Pronounced A-SIGH-EE)… Don’t worry I looked that up and had the computer tell me how to pronounce it about 5 times to get it right. So wait… a WHAT bowl you might have […]
Hello and Happy Thursday All!
Today I thought I would share a little about my transition from suburbia into a small town.
I often get asked when people find out/know I moved here from SoCal, what it is like to live in a small town? How is that transition and was is it a culture shock?
When my friends and family first found out I was moving to small town Indiana from California I felt that most people pictured something like this…
Okay, okay I’m joking.. sort of hehe… Yes Indiana does have electricity and all the modern convinces of a city believe it or not! Not that I EVER made fun of my husband a time or 2 or 3 about living in a corn field without electricity. 😉
One of the biggest things of change for me has been living in a place that has SEASONS! Where I am from in California, you basically live in a perpetual summer of hot to warm, slightly cool then back to hot again. The saying here in Indiana is, if you don’t like the weather just wait 24 hours and it will change. Ain’t that the truth!
On the flip side, seasons have been awesome to experience because growing up in sunny SoCal there are things you’ve heard about all your life but don’t get. For example christmas songs were always a myth to me… What is a white christmas? or people actually wear beanies to keep their heads warm and not just to look cool and hipster like ? With seasons like Fall you get to go to Apple Orchards and it has a crispness in the air and the leaves actually change these amazing colors!! Spring is a whole new thing.. FLOWERS BLOOMING EVERYWHERE! Dare say I even like seasons? I am enjoying them.. except one month of winter would be long enough for me but ya know, it is what it is!
Secondly, something you always hear about small towns is “ Everyone knows each other”.Thats what they say… and though this can be an exaggeration it really is crazy how much truth there is to it. If you are involved in a job working with people or have grown up in the community, even if you don’t know them personally, you will probably know who they are related to or what they do for a living.Since I work in our town and we work with lots of people on a daily basis its come to the point where pretty much anytime I go out I see at least one person I recognize or know. I even know who the Mayor is for crying out loud!
Thirdly, people can think the Midwest is all corn fields and everyone is a farmer. Not gonna lie….I kinda thought the same thing. To find out, yes there is a lot of corn here but there is city, suburbs and more then just corn. I actually think the corn fields have a beauty of their own to them 🙂 This city girl had to get used to the amount of land people owned, holy cow! One time I told Jon ( my husband) we should go to this park I had seen close by… he then informed me that was someones yard. Oh and its like half of the price to live here vs CA. NO BIG DEAL. Gah… the money I could have saved
Also no traffic, people did you hear me… NO TRAFFIC! Well in the city there is some but it’s not to bad. This might not be a big deal to you BUT if you have every been to or lived in LA / Orange County area and go 30 miles that takes you 2 HOURS you would understand.
Being able to move the whole time driving here was kinda unreal for me… (which probably explains why I got pulled over 3 times for speeding in the first 6 months of being here…oops) You might hit some traffic here but it’s usually due to trains and Amish buggies. ( and YES I did just write Amish buggies, that was also a new sight for my eyes to see)
Lastly, fairs ,4H, farmers market, and family owned businesses are something you see a lot of.
Something I have really liked about being in a smaller community is you understand the meaning of LOCAL small business. It really means something out here. At farmers markets you’re talking to the farmer himself and small local business that are family owned are trying to make it in a corporate world. I’m not against corporate businesses… I mean hello I love target and worked at Apple 6 years but I do see the impact of supporting local businesses here. I have seen where buying or getting services from a local place is appreciated and you are helping the economy of your town!
So what is my take over all? I like it, I really do. I miss the city and suburbs at times and it was and still is a transition. Thankfully Indy isn’t far and other subarea areas where I can get my city fix. I realized I could come at this change with 2 attitudes of discontent or embracing it. So instead of fighting it I’ve accepted knowing this is where God wants me I have chosen to embrace it and enjoy it. 🙂
Thanks for reading along and if you made it all the way here to the end you get a cookie!
Okay I can’t really act out on that promise but go treat yo self to one! 🙂
Till next time!